Friday, December 14, 2007

Movies!

One of the most talented movie stars of all time...no not Elizabeth Taylor...but Lassie! You could add Rin Tin Tin and Hooch of "Turner and Hooch" as well but I think in my book...Lassie gets the Oscar.

So I have been tagged by my lovely friend and wonderful Artist, Kathy Weller to reveal my top 25 all time favorite movies. This was not an easy task...and I had another 10 or so (mostly dog movies...big surprise) that I wanted to add but in the spirit of THE TAG...here we go...

Out of Africa
Elephant Man
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
The Miracle Worker
Frida
Edward Scissorhands
House of Sand and Fog
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Chocolat
Napoleon Dynamite
Capote
Forrest Gump
Little Big Man
Schindler's List
A Beautiful Mind
Dances With Wolves
Driving Miss Daisy
The Bounty
Splendor in the Grass
To Kill a Mockingbird
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Straight Story
Cinema Paradiso
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Romeo and Juliet (1968 version)

And now I would love to tag YOU to see what your movie list is like!...Kate, Kim and Melissa!

6 comments:

Amy Cameron Evans said...

awesome list, miss linda! you've got alot of my faves on there. makes me want to ditch work and go see a movie....

Gerushia's New World said...

Linda:

Your list includes several of my all time favorite movies as well.

I heard that I've been tagged!! This one will be fun, but it's going to take me awhile. I'll try to get my list up tomorrow!

Kim
Garden Painter Art

Patience-please said...

I don't think I could name 25 movies; I'm impressed! But since any that I would come up with are on your list, have you seen Across the Universe? It came to our wonderful little indy theater in Paducah last month and Bill and I LOVED it!!!
I'll have to order some of the movies I haven't seen on your list from Netflix.
all the best-
Patience

kate said...

Oh my goodness - I will have to put some thought into this. It will be a great fun to think back to all of the movies that I have loved.

The picture of Lassie brought back some wonderful memories.I loved Lassie and asked often to have a Lassie dog too. Our poor terrier didn't quite do all that Lassie could do, but I loved her anyway!!

cowbelly said...

hey, we only have one movie in common out of 25! wah!

maybe us pisces aren't as alike as we should be. harumph... (sulking...)

hope you and maisie are having a splendiferous december!!

love ya linda!!

jamie and fergie

Unknown said...

Gilbert Grape - SO GREAT!!!

I need to see a bunch of your movies!!!