Thursday, July 03, 2008

Best Friends

Maisie and Yoshi or "Mo-Yo"
as nicknamed by Noah (Yoshi's human brother)

This is Maisie and one of her best girlfriends, Yoshi. Yoshi moved in across the street from us a few months ago and the two of them hit if off right from the start. I took this picture the other day after one of their romps.

I tell you, if you ever need cheering up...watch two dogs play in a kiddie pool! The pool (below) belongs to Yoshi...but due to the kindness of Yoshi's mom, Jackie...she is letting us borrow it for a few days. Of course, by the time I started looking for a kiddie pool...the stores were all sold out! Maisie just loves it...she likes to jump over it, paw at the bottom of it and totally hog it. I also think she actually likes drinking the water rather than sitting in it. Silly girl.

Maisie hogging the pool

I'm almost finished with a dog commission that I started a couple of months ago so I will post it soon. Feels good to be painting again!


20 comments:

Christine Throckmorton said...

SO CUTE! I love the first pic. It made me laugh out loud. Have a great day!!!

Archie and Melissa said...

splish splash! oh maisie and yoshie are so cute together!
i love your photos and cannot wait to see your painting!
xo
melissa and emmitt

The Odd Bird said...

Ahhhh that sweet smell of wet dogs.... lol...I wish Lily could come play with them in the water. She tries to get in her water bowl (in the kitchen) and what a mess she makes..

sandy said...

hahaha, they are just like my grandkids...

cute cute cute.

have a great holiday.

Manon said...

Lol! How funny! I think Otis would love to jump in and join the fun!
Looking forward to your new painting!
Happy Fourth!

Artists With Artitude said...

These boys are ready for a spread in a Canine Vogue! :)

Anonymous said...

They are SO cute together! It's so true, too... nothing like doggies playing together to lift your spirits! Hope you and Maise have a wonderful 4th of July!

Jonna said...

Glad your back. Dogs and pools always bring a smile to my face.

Unknown said...

I WANT a doggie pool!!! I'll let you know if Max is as excited as I am....

Thorngren said...

OOOH! You've given me a good idea. Schatzi loves the water. Glad you're back. I think I saw some of your work on HGTV.

Moira said...

Adorable!

Ro Bruhn said...

What a pair of characters, it's wonderful that they are such good mates.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Linda, thanks for making me an the boys smile. We love the photos and Noah is thrilled to be mentioned.

See you around the n'hood.

Jackie
Yoshi's Mom

Donna said...

Maisie looks like she's having so much fun with her best friend! I was thinking about getting a pool for Otis and Riley.
Hugs to you and Maisie too!
Donna

Savannah said...

Love the pictures, Linda! Bentley thinks our pool is his own personal drinking fountain as well! Hugs, Shari

Unknown said...

How fun that Maisie has a girlfriend. They are adorable together.

I bought Pono a kiddie pool when we first moved to the desert, but he was afraid of it. I have since gotten rid of it. I should have shipped it out to Colorado for Maisie!

Amy Cameron Evans said...

ha! maisie in the pool!

kate smudges said...

Maisie and Yoshi look great in their photos ... lucky Maisie to have the loan of a pool!

NeereAnDear said...

OH my Maise and Yoshi look adorable together!! What fun.... how I wish we lived closer ... PJ wants to play with every dog she sees... her and Maise would have a ball

Do you happen to know what kind of dog she is??

HUGS

JO

Mutt Nutt said...

You are right, watching 2 dogs at play is the original "reality show". It is the best!