Friday, November 14, 2008

Winter through the windows

"Windows #2"
8" x 8" acrylic and collage on canvas
Available in my Etsy shop here

Here is the sister painting to "Windows" (from my previous post). I seem to be having problems uploading anything to Etsy today though...so it will probably be tomorrow before it appears for sale in my shop.

As for the photograph below...I took it the other night outside my studio when it was almost a full moon. It looked like the perfect winter moon so I had to try and capture it.

"Winter Moon"

To end the week on a wordy note...here's a beautiful winter poem to keep you warm. Have a great weekend!

Winter birds
have their ways
of survival.

They fluff out
their feathers,
fend off the freeze,
find food
in secret sources.

The winter bird
in me,
she, too, fluffs feathers,
finds food
in a season grown cold
and barren.

Blessed be
that winter bird
in me.

~Joyce Rupp

10 comments:

Diane said...

What a gorgeous piece!
I nominated you for "The Marie-Antoinette A Real Person, A Real Award". For details, kindly check my blog. dianesmixedart.blogspot.com/

Archie and Melissa said...

hi linda!
i love your new paintings! they are beautiful!
that winter moon photo is amazing!
xo
melissa and emmitt

Sue said...

Hi Linda...great picture of the moon. For all the years I have been taking pictures I can never get a good shot of the moon. It always comes out the size of a flea....What's the secret....

Kristin said...

I love the moon. I miss the winter moon since moving from Michigan to St.Louis. It's just not the same here. Here we get a small harvest moon and the is it. You have captured the moon so well here. :)

Christine Throckmorton said...

I really like these two windows paintings. And that moon photo is gorgeous. Thanks for posting that poem; I've read it over and over.

xoxox,
Christine

Manon said...

The painting is gorgeous and so is the photo! It's so hard to take a great moon picture and you've captured it beautifully!

William F. Renzulli said...

I really like these two window paintings. They're wonderful

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh... your colors are magnificent! I love this painting and the photo of the moon... Roxanne

sandy said...

That photo of the moon is awesome..

and great painting, I love the "clubs" in the painting.

Peggi Habets Studio said...

Both the painting and the photograph are beautiful. I love your bold colors in the painting and the intriguing layers. Very nice.