Friday, February 13, 2009

Two little Valentines

"Charles Henry"
9" x 12" acrylic on canvas

Here's the first little Valentine...a new painting I just finished of Charles Henry, the Daschund. Isn't he cute? I bet he's a handful too...probably steals socks 'n things!

The second little Valentine (below) is one that Maisie received yesterday from her best girlfriend, Lucy...the Chocolate Lab. I love the way Lucy addressed the envelope! Actually...this beautiful little card was made by Maisie's Auntie Mary (with Lucy's input of course). You make the sweetest Valentines, Mary!

Mary and Lucy's Valentine card

And speaking of Mary...she'll be staying here with Maisie for a few days while James and I head to the Bay Area. We're going to Marin to visit friends and family.

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow filled with lots of love. See you next Wednesday! xox!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Linda!! I love your new painting, and the Valentine card is so cool. Have fun in the Bay Area!
xoxo
k

Unknown said...

EEEee that Doxie is adorable! I love the way you rendered it's shiny coat. Happy Valentines Day!

artpaw said...

Happy Valentines day!

Unknown said...

Love the weenie painting, Linda. Have fun on your trip. If you and Melissa are both gone, who is going to watch over Colorado? ; )
hugs to you and Maisie...

Gerushia's New World said...

Linda:

I know there are a lot of animal artists out there, but you are my absolute favorite. Your style is so distinctive! I adore your art.

I am in the process of moving into a new "studio" and I am matching some of the colors to the little painting you sent me. It will be framed and hung in a place of honor!

Have a safe trip.
Kim
Garden Painter Art

sandy said...

The doggie is adorable and I bet he does steal socks...Cute cute valentine...

Donna said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Linda and Maisie!

What a cute valentine for Maisie. And I love your new painting!

Enjoy your trip.
Hugs,
Donna

Christine Throckmorton said...

What a beautiful, shiny Doxie! I love it! Hope you guys are enjoying Valentine's Day!

XOXO

Tara's Art Camp said...

what a cute doggie!
Happy Valentine's day!

Manon said...

Charles Henry is adorable!
Have a great trip!

Archie and Melissa said...

happy valentine's day linda!

i love your new dog painting!

i hope you are having a fabuluos trip!

i cannot wait to see you!

m

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

I love the look on Charles Henry's face. So cute.

Leslie Moore said...

Love Charles Henry in his glossy coat! Have fun in the Bay Area!

Edward Burton said...

VERY cute! Great job!

Jill Beninato said...

I just love the dachshund...and yeah, I bet he steals socks and a variety of other things...