Monday, June 08, 2009

Maisie has a secret!


Maisie wanted you to know that I've been away from blogging this past week...working very hard on a painting that SHE happens to be the star of the again. Actually yes, I've had nose to the grind painting a piece for the upcoming Mutt Lynch Winery Label Contest. I heard about it via Moira's wonderful Dog Art Today blog and it sounded like so much fun. Hope to be able to show it to you after I submit it on Wednesday. The deadline is June 12th for any of you who want to try a last minute creation of your own.

My only worry about doing another painting of Maisie (on the heels of the Party Animal project) is that she's starting to get quite the big head. Look out world...here comes Miss Celebrity big pants!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the world can use more paintings of Miss Maisie. Look how gorgeous she is! Good luck with the contest, Linda.

Christine Throckmorton said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with!...I've been working on something for this contest as well. I hope I can finish it in time, though!

Love that pic of Maisie!

Amy Cameron Evans said...

Ah, but Maisie is the perfect subject! What a wonderful project. Hope you--er, Maisie makes the label!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi linda!
oh i cannot wait to see it!
maisie is the best model ever!
xoxox
m & e

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Linda,

Cannot wait to see you newest painting...keep up the great work.

Ruth

Manon said...

Can't wait to see your submission Linda! I'm crossing my fingers that you and Miss Maisie win!

Susan Tuttle said...

Maisie is the perfect subject -- i think you should do a whole Maisie series.:)

Sandy Mastroni said...

ha what a great photo
I am looking forward to seeing this new painting too Linda !

Life With Dogs said...

A little ego boost is not a bad thing! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! How can you NOT paint that sweet face? And as dogs always think they are the "cat's meow", I don't think more paintings are going to change anything! Can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

I love this shot! She has every right to be the STAR of your SHOW! GO MAISIE, GO MAISIE!!