Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Stuff 'n things


Hope you're all doing well out there and not experiencing the arctic chill we're having here in Boulder. Yesterday it didn't get above 3 degrees! Ack!

I took this photo in my studio this morning. There's some collage material, new brushes, paint, etc. in usual disarray and a canvas in the upper right corner just waiting for attention. I tweaked the picture a little in Photoshop with the poster edge filter.

Last weekend we went to an art opening at a new gallery just north of here called Rabid Rabits Galeria. I especially enjoyed seeing the work of Colorado Artist, Anthony Grant. Anthony had a series of Hummingbird paintings that were so beautiful. The example below doesn't do them justice because in person, they almost glowed with color and energy. Check out Anthony's website when you get a chance.

Hummingbird #2
12x12 Acrylic on Canvas

Anthony Grant

I've been painting all week in the studio so hope to have a few things to show you soon. I like to photograph my finished pieces outside but it's been too dang cold to do that this week!

Happy Groundhog Day by the way!

4 comments:

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Linda, you are busy, busy, busy in that studio of yours. I know you are getting ready for a show, I hope you have a wonderful experience with it.

The weather has been so cold and snowy here as well, I'm waiting for spring, that is for sure. Hope you are doing well.

Ruth

Donna said...

Hi Linda,
Hope you're staying warm.

Very nice painting by the artist. I always love spending time at art galleries and shows.

Hope your weather warms up a bit. It's cold here too.

Hugs,
Donna

NeereAnDear said...

Wow ... Cold beyond cold over there eh? Hope Maises boots are keeping her little tootsies warm ...

Loving your new work below and really adore the first one you did for 2011 ...

Thanks for the compliments on my personal space... not finished yet but its still quite comfortable...

I am going to check out this new artist as I am an avid hummingbird fan...

Hope you are doing well... LOTS OF HUGS from me and PJ (she is sleeping on the sofa right next o her momma LOL) ... JO

Diane said...

This is gorgeous...I love it! I am going to check out his site.
Happy Friday, Linda! xo Dian e