Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The City of Lights

...in progress

I've been off the blog for a bit...working in the studio on two new abstract paintings. The picture above is part of a large 30" x 30" I'm wrestling with. My communication with the canvas is going up and down, back and forth...and I'm not getting what I want yet. Hopefully a little vacation will ignite some new ideas!

James and I are heading to Paris for a week! Some very generous friends of ours have invited us to stay with them in a beautiful apartment they bid on and won in an auction. We will all stay there for five days...then they fly home. James and I will stay on in a hotel for three more days. We've never been to Paris...so I'm sure we're in for a visual feast!

I'll be back in the studio after the 15th. I hope to have some wonderful pictures to share with you then. Bye for now...xox!

No comments: