Monday, February 26, 2007

Pear Painting

"Tropical Pears"
Acrylic and collage on canvas - 8" x 10"

Good Monday morning to everyone...hope you had a nice weekend. This is my latest venture, "Tropical Pears". I've been experimenting with painting on textured papers as my base...and I'm finding that I really enjoy the look. Think I will continue with it and see where it goes...

About the Oscars, all I can say is wow Helen Mirren! At age 62...I think Helen blew away all competition last night with her natural beauty and grace. She looked amazing.

3 comments:

Gerushia's New World said...

Linda: Painting on the textured paper is really working for you. I love the look of it. It makes me want to touch the painting.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the painting Linda, the texture in the paper looks great

Jill Beninato said...

Wow, have you been busy! I love these pears and all of the other pieces you have done on the textured paper, it is very subtle and adds an extra dimension to the work. I am amazed at how much detail you can put into some of these tiny 6x8 pieces. Great work!