Hi all...I haven't felt too much like writing the last couple of days. Abby isn't doing very well. Hasn't really been herself since Friday. The problem is...she is barely standing and isn't walking. She's gone through these periods before...mostly due to renal insufficiency causing hind-end weakness. She has always miraculously bounced back though. James and I doubled her fluids and Sunday she started to feel better. We had just taken Abby to the Vet and all her blood tests came back positive...no big changes. We're thinking at this point it's her arthritis and spine. She's always had issues there as well. Anyway...we decided to try a cortisone shot to see if that helps. It was a hard decision to make because it's very hard on a renal dog's already compromised immune system. It's basically a last resort to see if it helps her to walk again.
Please keep Abby in your thoughts and prayers today...she really needs them. We're hoping that the cortisone kicks in and at least gives her a few more weeks of life. I want my baby to have a few more days of walking around the yard, smelling the grass and the spring air. She is a trooper and is fighting so hard. Bless her little heart.