Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mom is coming to town

Mom in the early 50's

I guess you could say, "like mother like daughter" yes? My mom is a big dog nut just like me. She is coming for a week's visit tomorrow from Petaluma, California and of course...will spoil Abby every moment she can. My mom lives in the west part of Petaluma which has beautiful farmland. This allows her to go crazy with animals...so she has two dogs, at least 10 cats and a cow named Lulu. She used to have five dogs at one time and Mo Mo the bird to boot.

My very favorite of all her dogs though was Felicia. "Leesha" as I called her...was a Lab/Doberman mix. She was the sweetest dog in the world...but cunning and smart at the same time. What a vixen! The drawing below is "Leesha"...a mixed media dog drawing I did a long time ago.

Have a good Tuesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, your Mom is so pretty! What a beautiful picture! And what a nice drawing of Leesha! We just celebrated my Mom's 77th birthday over this past weekend, March 2nd. We had a great time and laughed so much! Have a wonderful visit with your Mom. With much love from your Windy City Gang!

Ro Bruhn said...

Another great picture Linda,
enjoy your time with your Mum

Gerushia's New World said...

Leesha sounds like a true "vixen"!!
Check back in when you can and let us know how the visit's going with your mom.

Have Fun:
Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

P.S. Just wanted to thank you for the kind words you left on my blog post yesterday. Now I feel a little foolish for using my blog to wallow in self doubt. LOL

Anonymous said...

2 dogs, ten cats, and a cow...sounds like a wonderful children's story...much fun!
I hope she is staying for your birthday!!! Happy Early Birthday!

That is a beautiful photo of your mother!

xo