Thursday, April 26, 2007

Poetry and a Path to Recovery

Abby Louise

My good friend, Rebecca from Art Paw and Art Dog Blog told me that it's actually National Poetry month this month. In the spirit of that...I'm posting another poem from the book, "When Only the Love Remains". I feel like I'm very much in a recovery period after Abby's passing so this seemed very timely and appropriate...and it's really beautiful.

RECOVERY

You must recover,
Somehow, someday;
They will all go -
Every last one of them
To a God who will love them
Just as much,
To a place where illness will
Never again touch them,
To a comfort of the
Greatest proportion
That shall ease any lingering
Degree of pain;
To a new life that will
Deny them
Nothing.


And for any of you poetry fans out there...one of my favorite books of poetry is, "Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair" by Pablo Neruda. It's amazing...Neruda is one of the best in my opinion.

On another note...just finished up two paintings today so I will be excited to show them to you in the next day or so. In the meantime...have a nice Thursday night!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your new paintings. Thank you for another touching and wonderful poem!

Clare said...

I found your blog last night when I searched for blogs with poetry and dogs, since I love both. I am so sorry about Abby. Your photos, paintings and writing are all beautiful and really touched my heart.

kate said...

Recovery takes a long time and there's such solace in poetry that speaks to the heart. Pablo Neruda was a remarkably brilliant poet ...

I am so happy that you are painting again and it will be great to see your new work.

Any time you want some gardening help, just let me know!

Tony said...

I absolutely agree. Neruda is one of the best there ever was. Check out http://www.redpoppy.net/pablo_neruda.php for a great new project on his work.