Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Perdy Pear

"Red Pear"
6" x 7" acrylic and collage on canvas
available in my Etsy Shop

Just finished this perdy pear last night. There's an abundance of lovely little pears in the stores right now...so many different colors and shapes. Uh oh...I feel a pear painting frenzy coming on!
Hey Ro...I used yet another one of your incredible papers in this one. I love them!

And when you have a moment...pop on over to Michele Maule's blog. Besides the fact that she just got a new Boston Terrier puppy (cutie pie!)...she's an amazing Artist. Her mixed media paintings incorporating graphite, paint, handmade gesso, collage and wax are just beautiful. Really nice work, Michele!

paint, collage, beeswax, graphite and gesso on panel


13 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

We love your pear painting! Kijsa loves this subject, and has done several long horizontal vingettes! As always- beautiful work by you!! And Michele- yummy- have to go check her out!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Linda!

What a great pear. i had one for lunch because yours looks so yummy!

i have just added michele to my favorite shops. i love her work!

have a great day!

melissa

LINDSAY said...

Ooo la la...
I really dig your abstracts. Isn't it fun to jump between styles? :)

Leaves said...

Abby-

I love your pear. I do some similarly themed stuff in my business. I love the way painted fruit can brighten a room. Just found your site. Looks like you've got a lot of great stuff here. Look forward to coming here more often.

www.leavesart.com

Michele Maule said...

Hey Abby!
Thought I pop in to say hello, and I saw my painting! Thanks! I love your pear, and I really like what's going on with your abstract work.

Moira said...

Su-pear-B !!!

; )

William F. Renzulli said...

What a delightful pear! It is enough to make me want to paint a still life, something I don't remember ever doing. (My daughter suggests it all the time.)

Anonymous said...

Your paintings are so creative...I love your work

HUGS

JO

kate said...

Your pear colour is wonderful ... and the background flowers are beautiful!

Thanks for the recommendation to Michele's blog. I'm off to check it out.

Lytton is waving with his paw and we both send hugs,
kate ox

Joy Logan said...

Yes I agree Michele style is wonderful,very less is more! But gf I love your art LOTS!

Clare said...

Hi Linda! What a beautiful and happy looking pear! The colors in this are wonderfully rich and luscious. I have two of these red pears on my butcher block right now -- I got some Brie cheese to accompany them. Thanks for the link to Michele's blog -- she's got a fantastic style.
:)

Ro Bruhn said...

I missed this post earlier Linda, so glad you can use the papers
Ro
xo

Bronwyn said...

I like the light & shading on this pretty pear, Linda.