Thursday, July 08, 2010

Sizing things up

"Summer Whisper"
8" x 8" acrylic and collage on canvas

I decided to paint a smaller size again after the previous two paintings. Most of the new paintings I've been working on are larger sizes...but I decided to go back and paint this 8" x 8" just as an experiment. Funny...but I found it was difficult to go back to mini-land! After tackling the previous 24" x 24", I feel like I'm better able to translate these new ideas onto larger canvases. I love the look of smaller, boxed canvas paintings though so I'm sure I will be doing more.

Take a looksie at the EBSQart blog's "Friday Five" today...I'm one of the featured Artists. There are some great blog links there to check out.

Hope the weekend is a good one for you! James and I are going to an Art Opening tonight...then dog-sitting Emmett, the Chocolate Lab tomorrow. He's coming to spend the day here with Maisie so I'm sure there will be lots of silly antics in the kiddie pool!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Love the painting and love the title, Linda! And congrats on being a featured artist.

Enjoy your weekend! Sounds like Maisie is going to have a ball.

Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,

These new paintings seem free, somehow. As though you have relaxed into them. I know what you mean about working small after having worked larger. It's often difficult to downsize!