Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Something New and Blue

"Blue Twilight"
12" x 24" acrylic and collage on canvas

Prints available in my Etsy Shop or at Imagekind.com

Heading in a bit of a different direction here. Part of the fun of working on these new abstracts is seeing how they shift and bend in new ways. I chose another size I'm not used to working on...and by happy accident...a floral abstract emerged. Gotta love those happy accidents!

Tomorrow evening, we're heading to the Denver Botanic Gardens to tour the Henry Moore Exhibit. Numerous Moore sculptures are placed throughout the beautiful gardens...so it should be an amazing sight to see!

Hope to take some good pics for ya!

6 comments:

Ruth Welter said...

This is lovely Linda, reminds me of an abstract flower garden...that is what is says to me anyway.

Ruth

Archie and Melissa said...

hi linda!
oh my gosh!
i just adore this whole series!
i am so glad you have prints available!
yippeeee!
have fun at the gardens! what a perfect time of year to go!

xoxoxo
m & e

Helmi said...

Hi Linda, nice blog and beautiful Paintings.
grt. Helmi

NeereAnDear said...

Wow I have missed a lot... it seems... love the series below... really really love the BLUE ... the colors are bright and cheerful... as for Maise ... and her friend... well I am in love with Maise so any friend of hers is a friend of mine...

LOTS OF HUGS FROM ME AND pj TO YOU AND MAISE
JO

Diane said...

Oh Gosh, Linda...I love this one. Very nice! xoxo Diane

Unknown said...

Linda, these new paintings are really going somewhere exciting. This one is so enigmatic in a compelling sort of way...
wonderful.