Friday, June 01, 2007

New Retro Painting

"Family"
5" x 6" acrylic and collage on paper

Isn't it fun when your art goes in a completely whacko direction once in awhile and you come up with something very different from your regular style? This is one of those times for me. This little painting just sort of came out of the blue, probably because I've been missing Abby so much. I like the retro 50's look to it. I just listed it in my Etsy shop.

And another little diddie...I've been reading Ann Lamott's new book, "Grace (Eventually) Thoughts on Faith". I've always enjoyed her books...she is so down to earth and real and talks about life that is both comical and poignant. There was a poem before one of her chapters that I just love and it reminded me of my baby girl dog.

"Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle.

Everything I do is stitched with its color."

~W.S. Merwin

So it's back to the Periodontist today for a post-op check. I get the icky silly putty bandages taken out of my mouth which is a big YAY. And I'm back to eating some real food now. How exciting is that!?

And thank you, Another Shade of Grey (one of my very favorite blogs) for showcasing my Etsy artwork today in your "Friday is Art Day" post!

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"Family" really evokes a strong emotion, Linda. Great work! Glad to hear you are on the verge of "real" food once more!
Karine

kate said...

I like this painting. It reminds me of a picture of Abby and you, although you were wearing a hat I think.

I am liking your Etsy shop - a lot! It's great. Good for you...

Have a great weekend,
kate ox

Gerushia's New World said...

Linda:

I love the colors and overall feel of this little painting. I think it's good to go "outside of our own box" sometimes!!

Glad to hear that you get the icky stuff taken out of your mouth. As soon as you're feeling up to it, you need to celebrate by eating lots of solid food!!

Kim
Garden Painter Art

Clare said...

Hi Linda -- Your "Family" painting is so sweet and the colors are super. It has a really happy and gentle energy to it. I like the quote from Anne Lammott's book too -- and I like her a lot. I'm so glad your mouth is doing better and that you can eat real food -- Moose and I are happy about that!

Another Shade of Grey said...

You are most welcome Linda. I really like this piece as well. :)